Monday 27 August 2007

Lets Get One Thing Straight!

Today I begin this blog which will contain my thoughts on the great subject of THE LORD'S RETURN and BIBLE PROPHECY. I have an interest in this subject, as all Bible Believing Christians should, and it is never far from my mind so I thought it good to consider our Saviour's Return on this blog. BUT LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT, the Lord Jesus said clearly that NO MAN knows the day or the hour of His return. Lets look at His actual words recorded in Matthew chapter 24 v 42 "Watch therefore; for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" and in Matthew chapter 24 v 36 He said "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Other scriptures could be quoted but from these I take 3 points.

1. I don't know when the Lord will return.
2. No man (or woman) knows when the Lord will return.
3. I don't trust any one who says they do know when the Lord will return.

But Christ will return of that we can be sure. There are Prohecies concerning His second coming and there are Promises concerning His second coming and in the Bible there are Parables that teach His coming and Pictures that illustrate His coming. Also there are in the Bible Principles that should govern our lives in the light of His coming, and so I could go on. But Jesus Christ the Lord said in words so clear and unmistakeable that He was coming that only an old modernist or apostate or fool would deny this truth ...

"Behold, I come quickly..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more detail?
So we cant be notified of any entries...???

Maybe you can deal specifically with 'secret rapture' theory??

On something not related...when Moses saw God face to face....i presume this was Christ's face????????????

david

Stephen Jamison said...

David,
Thanks for looking in and for your comments. That last question is one for 'apples of gold' brother Maxwell could get his teeth into that one!
Keep the Faith.
Stephen.